We’re writing to encourage pupils and parents to have their say on the future of Edinburgh as part of the Edinburgh City Centre Transformation Project.
We’re looking for as many people as possible – young and old – to share their views on plans to improve public spaces and prioritise travel on foot, by bike and on public transport in the city centre.
A specially created children’s version of the main survey is available:
- Open now until Friday 28 June 2019
- Easy and quick to complete – for ages 4-16
- Available online here
- Paper copies available on request
- Completely anonymous unless optional competition entered
As part of the survey, children are encouraged to upload their drawings and a prize is on offer for the best submission:
- Up to £100 of books can be won for the pupil’s school
- Competition deadline Friday 21 June 2019
- See terms and conditions for more details
Teachers and parents are also encouraged to have their say – the full questionnaire is open until Friday 28 June and accessible here.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you would be willing to take part and if you have any questions.
City Centre Transformation Project Team.
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date for competition entries is Friday 21 June.
- The closing date for the survey is Friday 28 June.
- The competition is open to schoolchildren at Edinburgh schools invited to participate by The City of Edinburgh Council.
- Winning artwork will be selected by judges from the Edinburgh City Centre Transformation Strategy Project Team.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition.
- Selected winning artwork may be used by Edinburgh City Centre Transformation in future consultation, engagement and publicity/marketing activities, with the school and winner’s name credited (wherever possible) when images are used.
- Competition entries submitted electronically (preferred) should be high resolution JPEGs or PNG files, with the total file size not exceeding 10Mb.
- Competition entry artwork should include the pupil’s name, school, age, school year and the art materials used (artwork submitted by post should feature this information on the back of the entry).
- Any personal data relating to entries will be used in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s full consent.
- We are unable to return paintings/drawings submitted.
- Submissions must be the artists’ own work. Please do not enter copyrighted art.
- The overall winner will receive up to £100 of books for his or her school (representatives from the school can select what books they want).
- No cash or alternative prize is available.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions
- The City of Edinburgh Council reserves the right to amend these or issue further terms and conditions at any time. Any updates to The Terms & Conditions will be forwarded to participating schools.
- The City of Edinburgh Council reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition at any time without prior notice.
- Judging for prizes is scheduled to take place between Monday 24 June and Wednesday 26 June, with prize-giving on Thursday 27 June 2019.
For enquires regarding these Terms & Conditions, please contact: Edinburghcct@edinburgh.gov.uk
The proposed strategy for Edinburgh City Centre Transformation is available here.