Pupil Medication

Here is an overview of the procedure to follow regarding pupil medication at Currie Community High School. 

  • At the beginning of each school year (August) parents are required to provide the school with the appropriate medical forms and if necessary, the medication a pupil may need during the school day. This should be treated as a high priority for pupils with chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma and allergies. Forms can be found on the school website under – INFORMATION – Welfare Room or see link below.
  • No medication of any kind can be taken in school or administered by high school staff without a  parental request form being completed and signed by a parent/carer. This includes non-prescribed medication such as piriton, paracetamol and ibuprofen.
  • Prescribed medication for pupils must be supplied to the school by a parent, in the dispensing container with the original pharmacy label detailing the pupil’s name, date of birth, etc.
  • Any change to medication type or dose requires a new form to be completed and signed by parent/carer. This must be returned to the school before it can be taken or given at school.
  • Medication held and administered at school may need replenished. When this is the case the Welfare PSA will contact the parent/carer via email or telephone to request more medication. Please provide this as soon as possible so that pupils do not miss having their medication administered.
  • Pupils who want to and are able to self-administer medication may do so only with parents’/carers’ and the school’s permission. A form must be completed  and signed before self-administration is undertaken at school. Please be aware this includes paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Link to Medical Forms (see bottom of the page) http://curriehighschool.co.uk/index.php/welfare-room/

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Welfare PSA at the school.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.