Learning through the languages area of the curriculum enables children and young people to:
- develop their ability to communicate their thoughts and feelings and respond to those of other people
- develop the high level of skills in listening, talking, reading and writing which are essential for learning, work and life
- use different media effectively for learning and communication
- develop a secure understanding of how language works, and use language well to communicate ideas and information in English and other languages
- exercise their intellectual curiosity by questioning and developing their understanding, and use creative and critical thinking to synthesise ideas and arguments
The following courses are offered within the Modern Languages Department.
|Nat 4||Nat 5||Higher||Adv Higher|
Clicking on the followings links will take you to useful guides produced by the National Parent Forum of Scotland.
Useful Websites and links
(school annual subscription – username and password available from your teacher)
Apps to download & fun ways to learn!
BrightRed Digital Zone for National 5 French http://www.brightredbooks.net/subjects/n5french
BrightRed Digital Zone for Higher French http://www.brightredbooks.net/subjects/higherfrench
(You need to create your own login for accessing the BrightRed Digital Zone)