Why should I consider work-based learning as an option for me? There are two reasons: Labour Market Intelligence (LMI) and Apprenticeships.
Labour Market Intelligence (LMI)
Do you want to know where the jobs are? LMI shapes what we offer students. As a result we prepared a leaflet for staff, parents and pupils with information on:
- who are Edinburgh’s largest employers,
- how many people are employed in different industries,
- how much do qualifications/occupations pay,
- my World of Work from Skills Development Scotland (SDS),
- the Edinburgh Guarantee,
- top 5 tips for School Leavers, and
- a students perspective on their learning journey.
Apprenticeships (Foundation, Modern and Graduate)
Why should I consider an apprenticeship? That is a great question, let’s see why!
- Modern Apprenticeships do not have College/University (no debt at the end)
- Foundation/Modern Apprenticeships give you practical work experience (you are doing the job while studying)
- Modern Apprenticeships have a potential secured job/employment at the end of the Modern Apprenticeship
- Study (Higher level) and get work experience while you are at school (Foundation Apprenticeship)
- Complete study and qualification that are considered highly desirable by employers/business, in areas such as construction, engineering, retail, finance and childcare to meet your career aspirations
What is Work-based Learning from Skills Development Scotland (SDS)? (Foundation, Modern & Graduate Apprenticeships)
Information/Links for Apprenticeships …
- Foundation Apprenticeship Information at Edinburgh College
- NPFS Nutshell for Apprenticeships