Career Ready is a partnership between Currie and Career Ready UK and our business partners throughout Edinburgh. Our aim is about providing secondary school students with a unique opportunity for them to build and/or enhance their skills, attitudes and work ethic. You can access the Career Ready website here.
This programme is a unique opportunity for students staying in school for S5 and S6. Below are some key features of the programme, which aim to raise their aspirations and help them work towards a positive destination:
- students develop a network with an industry mentor;
- students attend Masterclasses (6 over two years) on different topics on work readiness;
- students attend Workplace Visits (3 over two years) to see different work environments; and
- students complete a 4 week paid internship, within a business.
To apply for a position in this unique programme, you need to meet the following criteria.
- Be completing 2 to 3 highers
- Plan on staying on in school until the end of S6
- Be available /able t take part in the internship during the Summer of S5
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Have parental agreement about participation
The following presentation was shared with S5 students on the Career Ready programme. Our new S5 students have signed up and are taking part. If you want to find out more information click here to access the Presentation from our S5 assembly.
If your son/daughter is involved in the programme and you would like more information please email us at email@example.com and we will be in touch with you!