Currieco is the umbrella name our Eco Committee came up with to describe all of the
ecological work that goes on in our very “green” school. Currie recently achieved its fourth Green Flag from Eco Schools and has an excellent reputation nationwide. Our aim is to raise awareness of sustainability and make improvements to become a more sustainable school.
Some of the things that Currieco encompasses:
- Waste reduction and recycling
- Whole school Eco events like the ‘One World show’
- Global citizenship – we have a long standing partnership with Chogoria Girls’ School
- Fundraising for humanitarian crises
- Spring cleans and litter picks
- Equality and diversity
- ‘Food for Life’ – having achieved Bronze level the Food for Life Team continues their work so that pupils can enjoy high quality, freshly prepared food from sustainable sources and learn more about good food!
- Fair Trade – we are a ‘Fair Achiever School’
- ‘Earth Hour’ and energy saving – we have a wind turbine and solar thermal panels!
- School grounds – including fruit trees, willow coppices, nest boxes and vegetable patches
- Roley’s Wood – we help to conserve this wonderful strip of woodland in partnership with CEC
- Climate Change action
- Human Rights
- …and much more…
Our aim is to develop the caring and compassionate natures of our young people by doing good things for our world.