Welcome to the Expressive Arts Faculty
The inspiration and power of the arts play a vital role in enabling our children and young people to enhance their creative talent and develop their artistic skills.
The Expressive Arts enable our young people to:
- recognise and represent feelings and emotions, both their own and those of others;
- shape their sense of personal, social and cultural identity;
- recognise and value the variety and vitality of culture locally, nationally and globally;
Learning in, through and about the expressive arts enables children and young people to:
- be creative and express themselves in different ways
- experience enjoyment and contribute to other people’s enjoyment through creative and expressive performance and presentation
- develop important skills, both those specific to the expressive arts and those which are transferable
- develop an appreciation of aesthetic and cultural values, identities and ideas and, for some, prepare for advanced learning and future careers by building foundations for excellence in the expressive arts.
The expressive arts are rich and stimulating, with the capacity to engage and fascinate learners of all ages, interests and levels of skill and achievement.
The Expressive Arts faculty offer the following courses in the Senior Phase:
|Nat 4||Nat 5||Higher||Adv Higher|
The following departments are within the Expressive Arts Faculty: